Sign up for the Stillmeadow Student Directory and share your contact information with the Stillmeadow Community.
Once you input your family’s contact information, you will have access to the directory. Directory access is for current Stillmeadow families only.
The only required information for the directory is your name, relationship to student, and the teacher’s name. Other information – phone numbers, email addresses and/or street address – is optional.
The directory is accessible online and via the Membership Toolkit App, available through the App Store. The directory may also be exported to PDF for printing.
For more information, email Susan Suh.
Click here to read our newsletter for the week of November 26.
Stillmeadow earns cash whenever you shop Amazon through the Amazon School Rewards Program.
Follow these instructions EVERY TIME you shop on Amazon to earn money for Stillmeadow:
- Click here to access the fundraising page on the school website.
- Click the Shop for Stillmeadow link, which opens the Stillmeadow Fundraising Page on Amazon.com
- Shop and place your order
Stillmeadow earns a percentage of all purchases made through this link
In order to receive the credit, you MUST click through the Stillmeadow link every time you shop.
Click here to read our newsletter for the week of November 19.
Click here to read our weekly newsletter for the week of November 12.
The Turkey Bingo social event and fundraiser is Friday, November 17. Look for the sign up form in your student’s home folder or print it out by clicking here
Here’s what you need to know:
- Doors open at 6:00 pm; Games begin at 6:30 pm
- Cost: $10 per person
- Cash Prizes for Bingo Winners!
- Bring your own card markers or purchase a stamper
- Pizza available for $2 per slice or pre-order a whole pie
- Popcorn, water, juice and snacks will be available for purchase
- Space is limited to 300
Volunteers are needed to staff the event and donate prize baskets. To volunteer or donate a basket, click here
Click here to read our weekly newsletter.
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow night for Halloween Hop. Here’s what you need to know about this “Spooktacular” event:
- If you submitted the sign-up form, you are registered and your name will be on the list at check-in. All students who submitted a form have been accommodated.
- Doors open at 6:15 pm. If you arrive before 6:15, please make a line outside, and visit the check-in table once the doors open.
- Refreshments – including pizza, baked goods, and drinks – will be for sale in the cafeteria. Refreshment sales support the Fifth Grade Field Trip Fund.
- The Fifth Graders also will be selling “Monster Grams” for $3 each. Monster Grams will be delivered to teachers and students on Halloween.
- Children MUST BE accompanied by an adult.
- No scary masks or toy weapons.
- Donations for the cake walk and baked goods to sell are still needed and can be delivered to the PFO table Friday between 7:45 am – 3:00 pm
- First shift volunteers please arrive at 5:45 pm.
Families are invited to watch the Stillmeadow Halloween Parade on Tuesday, October 31 at 1:15 pm. The parade will take place outdoors around the athletic field adjacent to the lower playground. In case of inclement weather, parade will take place indoors.
Children should bring their costumes to school on Halloween; they will change into their costumes before the parade. Please no scary masks or toy weapons.
Visitors should park in designated parking spots or at the church next door.
The 2017-18 Yearbook Committee needs your photos! If you take pictures at school events, please submit your photos to the yearbook committee for possible inclusion in the 2017-18 Stillmeadow Yearbook.
Please email your pictures to StillmeadowPFO@gmail.com
with the subject “Yearbook.” Please send the photos in the highest resolution possible and include the names of those in the photographs if possible.
Thanks to the many families that participated in the Family Photo Days fundraiser at Fort Stamford Park on October 14 and 15. More than $1,600 was raised to support our school.
Proofs from the photo sessions will be available this week via an online portal. You’ll receive an email from Kim Jaeckel Family Photography when your proofs are ready. Prints, digital downloads, and photo gifts may be ordered directly from the photographer.
Thank you to Stillmeadow parent Theresa Baker, who organized and staffed this event.
Click here to read our latest newsletter.
Congratulations to the following classes for bringing in the most box tops in their grade:
Kindergarten : Ms. Boucher
Grade 1: Ms. Evarts
Grade 2: Ms. Hall
Grade 3: Ms. Balch
Grade 4: Ms. Romanello
Grade 5: Ms. Huba
These classes will be treated to a Popsicle Party and extra recess time!
Three of nine seats on the Stamford Public Schools Board of Education are up for at-large election on November 7, 2017. Anyone interested in learning more about the BOE candidates is encouraged to attend the 2017 Angela Lorenti Memorial Board of Education Candidates Forum on Wednesday, October 25 from 7 to 9 pm at the Stamford Government Center. Candidates running for the Board of Education will be stating their positions and responding to questions at this event, which is hosted by the Parent Teacher Council of Stamford.
Click here to read the PFO Newsletter for the week of October 15.
Stillmeadow’s Fall Picture Day is coming up soon! Here’s what you need to know:
- Fall Picture Day is Friday, October 20.
- Lifetouch photographers will be at Stillmeadow to take individual student portraits and classroom group photos. These photos will be used in the 2017-18 Stillmeadow Elementary School Yearbook.
- Families may order student portrait packages directly from Lifetouch. Packages start at $20. Portrait packages include a class photo. Add-ons and enhancements are available for an additional charge.
- There are two (2) ways to order student portrait packages:
- Complete the enclosed paper order form. Enclose the EXACT payment (cash or check made payable to “Lifetouch” only). The student must bring the completed paper order form with payment to school on picture day.
- Order online at https://mylifetouch.com. Online payment by credit card or PayPal only. Stillmeadow’s Picture Day ID is EJ117046Q0. There is no need to return the paper form if photos were ordered online.
Stillmeadow Elementary School receives a portion of the proceeds from each portrait package.
Questions? Contact Lifetouch Customer Service at 203.735.5933.
Stillmeadow students have the opportunity to illustrate why Smoking Stinks during the Great American Smoke-Out Poster Contest!
Here’s how it works:
1. Create an original poster that shows why you think smoking is harmful.
2. Make sure your poster is on 11×17 paper. Be sure your name, school and grade is printed neatly on the front of the poster.
3. Turn in your poster to the school nurse’s office by Friday, October 27.
Prizes will be awarded. Contest winners will be notified and invited to an Awards Ceremony at the Stamford Government Center.
Contest is open to all Stamford Public Elementary School students.
There’s still time to support Stillmeadow and get professional family photos to share with family and friends during the holiday season.
- Click here to book your family photo session with Kim Jaeckel Photography.
- 15-minute family photos sessions are available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm next Saturday, October 14 and Sunday, October 15.
- Photo sessions will take place at Fort Stamford Park on Westover Road.
- The session fee is $40, payable online by credit card or Paypal, or by sending a check (payable to Stillmeadow PFO) to school after you register.
- The entire session fee will be donated to Stillmeadow!
- Proofs will be available via an online portal approximately seven days after your photo shoot. Prints, digital downloads, and photo gifts starting as low as $10 may be ordered directly from Kim Jaeckel Family Photography.
It’s time for the Box Tops for Education Classroom Challenge! Send in the Box Tops you have collected over the last few months to raise money for Stillmeadow and help your classroom win a prize!
The classroom from each grade that turns in the most Box Tops between October 10 and October 20 will win a special prize!
Box Tops collection sheets
will be sent home this week. Submit your Box Top using the collection sheet and send extra Box Tops in a plastic baggie. Be sure to include your child’s name and teacher’s name on the collection sheets and baggies in order to receive credit towards the competition.