- 5:30 pm: Reading Teachers, ESL (TESOL) Teachers and Specialists
- 6:00 pm: Kindergarten and Third Grade
- 6:45 pm: First Grade and Second Grade
- 7:30 pm: Fourth Grade and Fifth Grade
The Stillmeadow PFO has teamed up with Kim Jaeckel Family Photography to offer Stillmeadow families a convenient and economical way to get professional family photos just in time for the holiday season.
- Booking opens at 9:00 am on Thursday, September 20.
- Click here to book your session. (Note: link goes live at 9 am on Thursday, September 20.)
- 15-minute family photos sessions will be available from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on Saturday, October 13th.
- Photo sessions will take place at Fort Stamford Park on Westover Road.
- The session fee is $40, payable online by credit card, or by sending a check (payable to Stillmeadow PFO) to school after you register.
- The entire session fee will be donated to Stillmeadow!
- Proofs will be available via an online portal approximately seven days after your photo shoot.
- Prints, digital downloads, and photo gifts starting as low as $10 may be ordered directly from Kim Jaeckel Family Photography.
Contact Theresa Baker with questions.
Shop for Bags & Totes, Home Accessories, Kitchen Gadgets, Food, and More!
Stillmeadow's Mixed Bag Designs Fundraiser begins today. All students will receive a fundraising packet in their home folders this week.
The Mixed Bag Designs fall gift catalog includes holiday and teacher gift ideas, as well as kitchen essentials, eco-friendly totes, and edible treats. Students earn prizes based on the number of items sold
- Catalog order forms with payment (cash or check made payable to "Stillmeadow PFO") are due by Friday, September 28.
- Catalog orders ship to Stillmeadow for free and arrive in late October.
- Students earn prizes based on number of items sold.
- Orders may be placed via the online store through December 31.
- Online purchases payable by credit card and ship direct to designated address.
- Online orders subject to applicable sales tax and shipping charges.
- Stillmeadow's online fundraiser is #62057.
Click here to read what’s happening at Stillmeadow this week.
Time is running out to sign up for the many after-school enrichment activities taking place at Stillmeadow this fall. The schedule has something for every child, including art, chess, coding, cooking, science, sewing and sports classes.
- Register at https://flexacademiesstillmeadow.jumbula.com (Note: if you experience technical difficulties with online registration, try another browser or contact Karen below.)
- The registration deadline is Friday, September 14 at 5 pm.
- Registration is low for some classes. Please register ASAP. Classes will be cancelled if we cannot meet minimum enrollment requirements.
- Classes begin the week of September 24 and conclude the week of December 17. See website for exact dates.
- Refer to the website for important program information, including: class schedules and descriptions, registration tips, and answers to frequently asked questions.
- Scholarships are available for qualifying students.
- Families that cannot register online or pay by credit card should contact Vanessa Cadavid in the Stillmeadow Main Office for assistance.
Questions? Contact Karen Izzi: email@example.com or 203-679-9223.
- Effective Wednesday, September 12, parents should say goodbye to their children at the cafeteria doors.
- Parents should not park in the spots directly across from the cafeteria doors, as this disrupts traffic flow and creates safety issues for pedestrians.
- If you are dropping off your child from the car line, please follow the rolling line of cars around the back parking lot.
- Drive slowly and watch for pedestrians.
- All visitors must exit the building by 8:10 am unless attending a meeting or school function.
- The building will be closed to visitors from 2:15 to 3:00 pm daily.
- Parents who do not want to wait in the car line should meet their children at the cafeteria doors.
- Anyone exiting their car to pick up their child must utilize a parking spot. Children cannot be picked up in active traffic lanes.
- Please do not park in the spots directly across from the cafeteria doors, as this disrupts traffic flow and creates safety issues for pedestrians.
- If no parking is available at Stillmeadow, you must park at the church next door.
- If you are picking up your child in the car line, please follow the rolling line of cars around the back parking lot.
- Drive slowly and watch for pedestrians.
Click here to read the PFO Newsletter for the week of September 9.
Principal Asaro and the Stillmeadow PFO are hosting a welcome coffee for Stillmeadow Parents tomorrow – Friday, September 7 – at 8:15 am. This is a great way to meet other parents and hear about the events and activities planned for the 2018-19 school year. This event takes place in the Stillmeadow Courtyard. You must check-in at the main office before proceeding to the courtyard.
Stillmeadow is partnering with Flex Academies to offer a comprehensive after-school enrichment program for Stillmeadow Students.
Here's what you need to know:
- The Fall 2018 schedule has something for every child, including art, chess, coding, cooking, science, sewing and sports classes.
- Families must register online at flexacademiesstillmeadow.jumbula.com. Online payment by credit card only.
- Registration begins Tuesday, September 4 and concludes Wednesday, September 12.
- Refer to the Flex Academies website for important program information, including:
- Course descriptions
- Registration tips
- Answers to FAQs (refund policy, scholarships, weather-related cancellations, etc)
- Classes begin the week of September 24 and conclude the week of December 17. See website for exact dates
- Registration questions should be directed to Flex Academies: firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-408-3900
Click here to read our newsletter for the week of September 2.
Did you know that you can use your Stop & Shop Bonus Card and your ShopRite Price Plus Club Card to earn cash for Stillmeadow Elementary School?
This is a great way to support your child’s school at no additional cost to you. And friends and family can also enroll their cards to support our school.
Last year, these programs raised more than $1,200 for Stillmeadow!
Follow the instructions below to enroll your cards and start earning for Stillmeadow.
Note: If you supported Stillmeadow through this program in the past, you DO NOT need to re-enroll this year.
Stop & Shop Online Registration: Click here to enroll. Stop&Shop Bonus Card number is required for enrollment. Designate Stillmeadow (ID #06847) as your school.
ShopRite Online Registration: Click here to enroll. ShopRite Price Plus Club Card is required to register. Designate Stillmeadow (zip code 06902) as your school.
Need help or have questions? Please contact Hai Kwik.
- Mrs. Boucher’s class: Music with Mr. Bodofsky
- Miss Pensiero’s class: Gym with Ms. Anker
- Mrs. Callahan’s class: Gym with Miss Paolino
- Mrs. Kells’ class: Music with Mr. Farfone
- Miss Rigakos’ class: Art with Miss Dugan/Miss Austin
The PFO offers an online student directory to make it easier for families to communicate about play dates, school projects, and other activities. Sign up today:
- YOU control the information included for your family and can update your information anytime.
- Search the directory by name (parent, student, teacher) or grade.
- Directory is secure, password-protected, and available only to current Stillmeadow families.
- Download and print the directory.
- Download the mobile app for on-the-go access.
The Stillmeadow PFO is coordinating a Welcome Luncheon for Stillmeadow Staff on Monday, August 27 and we need your help to make it happen!
We are seeking donations of beverages, baked goods and fresh fruit. We also need volunteers who can spare an hour to help us set up and clean up.
Please click here to sign up.
Thanks for supporting Stillmeadow!
There are a limited number of tickets still available to see the Yankees take on the Toronto Blue Jays at Yankee Stadium on Sunday, September 16. Game time is 1:05 pm.
Tickets, which are priced at $30 each are located in Sections 207-208.
Please contact Danielle Palmer if you’re interested in attending this Stillmeadow group outing!